The demands on NPO staff and management seems to increase all the time. NPO leaders particularly are expected to "know something about everything" and sometimes even to have in-depth knowledge about a wide variety of fields.
Through a series of workshops we aim to assist management and staff of not-for-profit organisations to grow their skill and knowledge base and fill in the gaps. The sessions will be presented to small groups to ensure greater participation.
The first round of workshops will include Leadership, The Fundamentals of business and NPO management, Governance and NPO’s and, Introduction to Finance for non-financial NPO staff.
Venue:Ministry Centre, Fontainebleau Community Church, Cr Rabie and Fourth Ave, Fontainebleau, Randburg. Google Maps: http://bit.ly/2w8xrGT
Time:09h00 – 16h00 (Training will start at 09h00 sharp)
Cost:Introductory price of R1 550 per person per 2 day workshop for NGO’s and R2500 for corporate participants.
An overview of some of the content covered in each workshop is;
30 and 31 August 2018
- Leadership vs Management
- Leadership framework
- Understanding yourself as leader
- Models of leadership
- Coaching mentoring and empowering
- Basic leadership skills
The Fundamentals of business and NPO management
3, 4 September 2018
- The environment
- Needs and Wants (from reality to purpose - Mission)
- The dream (Outcomes)
- Quality of service
- Planning for outcomes
- Basics of Problem solving
- Costing and benefits
- Performance and Returns
- Introduction to the LRA
Governance and NPO’s 2018
18 and 19 September
- What and why of governance
- Legal frameworks and standards
- King IV and other standards
- Disclosures and Conflict of interest
- Introduction to ethics in governance
Introduction to Finance for non-financial NPO staff
20 and 21 September 2018
- Types of costs
- Cost behaviours
- Fundamentals of budgeting
- Accounting cycle
- Allocating incomes and expenditures
- What and why of financial statements
Who we are:
Lyn van Rooyen has more than 15 years’ experience of NGO management, training and facilitation, and capacity building. Jan van Rooyen brings more than 30 years of additional expertise and experience training in the formal academic and corporate sector to MBA level. Both Jan and Lyn have the ability to make complex concepts practical and easy to understand. They share a passion for equipping and supporting small and medium organisations to be more effective and efficient.
Terms and conditions:
- Training will be presented in Fontainebleau, Randburg.
- Training fees include manuals and training materials, coffee and tea, snacks, and a certificate of attendance.
- Participants are responsible for their own transport to and from the training venue in Randburg.
- Any travel or accommodation arrangements are for the account, and responsibility of, participants.
- Fees are payable at least 72 hours (3 days) before training commences.
- Workshops will only be presented if at least 10 participants are registered and have paid.
- Registration will only be confirmed on receipt of proof of payment.
- Light snacks will be provided but participants are encouraged to bring their own lunch.
- In-house training can be presented for a specific organisation – please contact us to discuss this